These are my JS effects I've written for use in the Reaper digital audio workstation.
They are text files; just save them to c:\program files\reaper\effects (or wherever it's installed).
- Rectal - a rectifier that can do both either full-wave or half-wave
rectification on either the left side, right side, or both. For instance, you can split a mono signal so that the positive goes in one ear and the
negative goes in the other.
- Sound samples: a distorted guitar without and with
- Asymmetry - putting the "ass" back into asymmetric wave forms! This is somewhat similar to a half-wave rectifier,
only it can be more subtle because it doesn't just kill one side of the wave, it allows you do apply specific dB adjustments to each side.
- The Axe Murderer - sort of a compressor or limiter kind of thing, that can also be used to add both soft and hard clipping.
Mainly written to teach myself about how compressors and limiters work; but I ended up actually using it!
- Samples: since it's hard to hear the more subtle settings, the
example I give here features the effect set up for a great deal of soft-clipping, acting more like an overdrive than a compressor.
- The Gilliganator - I can't explain why it's called this, and I'm not even sure if it really does what I thought
it did when I wrote it. What I do know is it shore can dirty things up.
- The Gilliganator II - I think this is what I actually intended the Gilliganator to do all along, but I didn't understand
how the sign() function works in JS. Anyway, now there are two of them.
- The Hardass - hard clipping. Because sometimes that really is what you want.